This is my first pin cushion. I've had this idea on my mind and to use log cabins. I didn't want to wait and threw this little cutie together in a half an hour (scraps were already sewn together). Both sides are pictured below.
This log cabin is from the white elephant gift trade Christmas 2015. The top is finished but I've not decided on a quilting pattern yet.
This bumble bee/honey bear quilt is meant for a dear friend of mine. She recently was blessed by the birth of her 4th child and we all know after the first baby families don't receive as many welcome into the world baby gifts and I didn't want to leave this bundle of joy out.
Ready to Quilt for charity:
- Boy coin quilt
- Girl coin quilt
- 4th lap size
- 5th lap size
- bears and balloons baby quilt - quilted needs trimmed and bound
To make/finish for my family:
- maternity pants quilt (never worn as they were to big)
- twin little twister - top needs finished
- busy bee sew bag- not yet started
- 2 mine craft quilts - in the works
- Up to date on the 365 day challenge
- 2" many trips around the world -top is finished, my quilt guild ladies told me i must keep this quilt.
- Civil war log cabin - orphan blocks/fabric from guild Christmas white elephant. 2 blocks were finished. i set out to make 7 but ran out of fabric on #5. I turned it into a wall hanging consisting of 6 16" blocks. ready to be quilted, pictured above
- Modified Triple Irish chain. Started, didn't like color choices and put it in a box
- Teady Bears- needs bound
- Green triple Irish chain- needs bound
- Hawaiian box quilt -needs bound
- bumble bee baby quilt - ready to quilt - DONE
To continue to work on:
- twin/full grandmothers flower garden (hand piece) - haven't touched it this year
Started in late April early May:
- 2.5" many trips around the world
- string quilt with scraps from seahawks fabric - for charity
What does your 2016 hold?
I have added so many projects for 2016 that I have a list of
21 27 going strong.
- lined pouch for toys at church
- lined pouch for violin chin rest and pencils
- wheelchair quilt -donated
- throw quilt -donated
- crib quilt -donated
- Quilt guild Bicentennial quilt block
- "Mom's pride and joy" - twin quilt
- birthday turtle
- Chicken pin cushion
- Thread catcher
- Violin recital
- Bumble bee quilt