Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The little things

 This is my October PinkDoxies #bravequilter challenge. I wanted to make something that reminded me of spring and PEEPs hit the spot. I don't mind eating one or two but more than that and they are redundant.


Every piece is sewn. I do have to say I didn't leave enough fabric on some ends when I sewed. I will have to pay closer attention. I did take the time to measure the pattern pieces. I cut the pink fabric exact measurements which I WON'T do in the future.  I had one piece shift so much that I didn't have quite enough for the seam allowance.


Trimming the body. 



Attaching the ears to the head.


The original pattern is for a 2 1/2" X 5" peep. She is on the left. I enlarged 200% and she is on the right. I used white Christmas scraps for the enlarged peep.

Linking back to PinkDoxies with my finished October Challenge.


2 comments:

Julie said...

So, I do like Peeps, but agree they are sickly sweet, and one or two is my limit. I think I am taken how they are all lined up in rows in the package, though, and immediately saw your project as a cute border in an Easter quilt.

I commend you for your step into paper piecing. It's not my thing, and I get angry if I have to do it. I think it's an excellent idea that you enlarged the pattern, and it might make the process easier. That's something I may be inclined to try the next time.

Congratulations for participating on #BraveQuilter this month, and I hope you continue to find new ways to grow in quilting.

margaret said...

Thanks!